anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

I have found a way to listen to my game audio, audio from my PC and chat with my friends using one simple setup (~$60)

I know I like to watch twitch streams, listen to music, etc. when gaming and have seen threads where people ask how to do so through one headset while being able to chat ingame or in parties. I used to use Turtle Beach PX22 headset that has a 3.5mm jack next to the USB cord where you can plug that in to your PC and get audio. Well mine were old and broke so I had to look for a new solution and have found one. Below are links to the two products that I bought to make it happen. The only thing that really bothers me about this setup is that when I talk I can't hear myself through the headset, so I don't know if I'm being too loud, but it's something I got used to very quickly.
Essentially the headphones that I bought come with a 3.5mm jack on one ear and a 6.3mm jack on the other side. The beauty of this is that both jacks can be plugged in at the same time and both work perfectly. So I take the VModa BoomPro headset and plug it into the 3.5mm side of the headphones and directly into the controller, and use the 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter cable provided with the headphones to plug into the other side of the headphones and my computer. Viola. Sound from two different devices in the headphones at the same time. The sound quality on these headphones is decent, not the best by any means, but they are better than the PX22s I've been using the last few years. I'm sure there are better headphones out there that have two jacks on them, but for the budget conscious, a total of $60 for these two items is worth it in my opinion. You could also go with a cheaper microphone, I've seen some as low as $17 on Amazon. If you have any questions I'll answer to the best of my ability.
headphones
microphone



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...