anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Losing online connection 40 minutes after boot up

As stated in the title, every time I boot up my ps4 with intent to use online functionality I have to reboot the whole console (not just rest mode but actual shutdown) 40 minutes after I start. Nothing I have found allows me to reconnect without shutting it off, it simply ceases all internet functionality until a fresh boot up, at which point it will cease again after 40 minutes. The only exception is an always online feature of the game, such as bloodborne's constant connection. However that will cease after a few hours. So to summarize this is what I know for certain. The ps4 loses the ability to initiate online functionality aproximately 40 minutes after login after every boot up. If an online function is already underway at this point, connection for that function will be maintained for usually 2 more hours, however no other online function can be initiated. After this junction all online functionality will cease claiming there to be no internet connection available until a full reboot is finished. Switching to wired connection does not change this. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and hopefully how to fix it, other than pay Sony more money for selling me something that doesn't work?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...