anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, October 6, 2017

Mark my words.. Battle royale games will dethrone FPS games and be the next big thing for the next decade.

With the HUGE success seen by both Fortnite and PUBG, gamers are sending a message they are tired of the over abundance of FPS that are all practically the same game but with different box art and graphics.

This is NOT a gimmick, I don't remember seeing this kind of excitement surrounding a new genre since Halo 2 on the Xbox and COD MW on the 360.

The main reason in my opinion, well two main reasons actually why Fortnite and PUBG have exploded is A. FPS has overstayed its welcome and as a genre has gotten very stale and B. ANYONE can pick up and play a game like PUBG or Fortnite and still see success even if you don't win a match.

I own both PUBG on the PC and Fortnite on the PS4 and while I have never came in 1st place, I place consistently in the top 10 and despite not winning, I still feel like I accomplished something and feel satisfied.

I have a good track record of knowing if a game or genre is a gimmick or has staying power and Mark my words, battle royal is here to stay and expect all the big publishers like Ubi and Activision and jump on board.

Do not be surprised if the next COD and Battlefield games have a battle royal mode



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...