anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

Ps4 and other devices wont connect or even "see" my Comcast modem. Any help

So I've had my PS4 for close to 2 years now and have Comcast internet for the entire time. When I first purchased my PS4 I lived alone and had Comcast. Then I moved in with some friends who already had Comcast and everything worked fine. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and again became a customer with Comcast. For about the first 2 weeks all our devices connected fine. Then we had a night of bad storms and our power was out for a good 12 hours and since then some of our devices connect perfectly fine; my laptop, my girlfriends phone. And some don't like my PS4, my phone and we have a firestick that picks up the signal randomly. I'm not to concerned with my phone or even the firestick but the PS4 is a must. I've reset the modem several times on my own with no luck. I've called Comcast and they have reset it twice. The first reset they did didn't work but the second did. My phone and PS4 connected fine after that but disconnected after about an hour of the reset. The router is to far away for me to direct connect them. So my question I guess would be is this a Comcast modem problem from the power outage or do I just need to setup a manual wifi connect with a specific IP address? And if that's the case how do I find the IP address I need to assign to my PS4? Or am I way off on all of this haha. Any help at all would be fantastic because I'm getting a little anxious not being able to play my online games or watch Netflix ha



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...