anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 28, 2017

PS4 Controllers charging issue

Both of my DS4 controllers have gone to shit recently so I wanted to see if I could fix it rather than buy new ones.

Controller 1

Controller only works when plugged in and refuses to retain any charge despite the charging light displaying when plugged in. I assumed that this was down to the battery dying so I planned to replace it.

Controller 2

Controller can hold a charge (which indicated to me that the battery was fine) but only when the charging cord is bent into an awkward position which makes charging almost impossible unless I hold it. I assumed this was down to a damaged charging port.

Attempted solution

I figured that the best thing to do was to at least salvage one controller by taking the working battery from controller 2 and placing it into controller 1. I also placed the battery from controller 1 into 2 because why not? Nothing changed, controller 1 still only works when plugged in and to my surprise controller 2 still charges with a battery I thought was dead, of course I still need to bend the cord though.

Both batteries appear to be fine to me so can anyone identify the problem from this, otherwise I'm buying 2 new controllers :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...