anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2017

PS4 HDMI Port Broken -- Exposed Pin?

Hi all,

First post in this sub so sorry if there's a rule against repair posts and there's another sub I should go to, but I'm hoping I could get some help with an issue I've been having. A few weeks ago I started to notice some flickering on screen, and occasionally my screen would go black for a few seconds before returning to normal. Soon enough I would just get a black screen, and my TV would display the message "receiving audio only," although from time to time the screen would appear but a little fuzzy and slightly off-color, and occasionally it would strangely get green and purple. At times, I could situate the HDMI cable and fiddle with it in such a way that it would work for a little while, but the problem has been getting worse and worse.

Most recently, I just get a black screen and I can't get an image to appear, and after trying a few different HDMI cords and different TVs/monitors I concluded something must be wrong with the HDMI port on the PS4. I took a look and low and behold, this: http://ift.tt/2zqIrzl

Sorry for poor quality but it was kind tough to get a picture with enough light to see, but as you can see, all the way on the left in the image (but actually the right IRL because it's upside-down in the pic) you can see what looks to me like an exposed pin, with some kind of plastic covering melted away.

My PS4 is out of warranty so I can't have it repaired by SONY, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this I might be able to handle on my own? Just to reiterate, I've tried multiple HDMI cables and multiple TVs/monitors, so I'm fairly sure this is the problem (I also still get sound when I plug headphones into the controller, so there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with the console besides the notorious loudness at this point in its life.)

Thanks so much in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...