anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Said some horrible things to people via online chat: friend who owns the PS4 got banned and lost games.

This is kind of an odd convoluted story but I'd like to give all relevant details so that I can get some help with figuring this out.

About a year ago, I made a PSN account on the Playstation 4 me and my college housemates shared. I'm usually an Xbox gamer, but since I made the PSN account I've signed in on various different PS4s that I've played on with different people. Lets call my account "account A".

This year, I moved into a new house with some different students at my school. One of them has their own PS4 that they brought. I signed into my PSN account on his PS4 and have been playing some rocket league for the past few weeks. I haven't bought rocket league on my own PSN account, but since my friend had it on his PS4 and had the license I guess, I was able to play on my account when it was signed in on his PS4 (I really don't know how this stuff works). Lets call his account "account B".

Last week I got pretty heated and said some horrible shit to my teammate (to be fair, he started it, but I guess that doesn't really count as an excuse). Regardless of what I said and what my motivations were, Sony's response seems to be crazy. Today, my friend tried to sign into his PSN account, and it said he was banned. So, "account A" which is my account and actually was the account that said the horrible things is not banned, but "account B", the account that purchased the game license has been banned. What's worse, he lost all of the licenses for his other games ($300+).

I should note that when another friend came over earlier today and signed into his "account C" to play rocket league, everything worked just fine.

How can I get my friend ("account B") his games back? I mean, it seems like almost an error on Sony's part if they're banning based on game licenses and not users. It just doesn't make sense. Regardless of how I should be punished (I've spent $50 on in game rocket league purchases, so I think banning my account itself would be fair punishment enough), its not right for someone thats so loosely involved to suffer.

Thanks in advance for answers. Yes, I'm ashamed of what I said; even contemplated messaging teammate with an apology an entire day after.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...