anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2017

USB Extension Cable for Wired Mode?

Hey guys, quick question for anyone who may have any experience:

I'm going to be using my PS4 in a different setup this weekend and it'll be hooked up far enough away that the Bluetooth won't work properly. We've done this before and the input lag, dropped connections, and missed button presses make it impossible to play anything.

So, my buddies and I were thinking about using a USB extension cable to run from the PS4 into the room with the TV- it'll need to be long as hell for it to work. I know that there's a wired mode setting that you can turn on that makes the controller transfer data over the micro USB cable.

Now, my question is this: will using a USB extension cable somehow break the data connection and cause issues with the controller? Alternatively, is there any way to extend the range of my controller's Bluetooth so it'll continue to work wirelessly? I'm really just looking for anything to make this work, and it seems like an extension cable is my best bet. Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this? Thanks so much for the help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...