anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

WARNING! Do not buy a Razer Raiju PS4 Controller or Razer products in general. When it’s faulty trying to access warranty their customer service is appalling.

I will say when you first receive a Razer Raiju they are amazing. BUT they don’t even last 6 months. I’m on my second controller since they were released but have had Left Stick issues with both.

Even though they are advertised as 2 Year Warranty which in the EU is actually law anyway, trying to get them to fix or replace it, is beyond a joke!

I will not go into every detail as it will make this very long and boring. Just give enough details and facts to be relevant, to be informed enough on why you should avoid Razer products.

Firstly you can’t just send it back, you need to try and convince them that there’s even a problem with it. Only when you get a RMZ can number can it be returned. Every reply seems to come from a different person or what actually looks like a bot. Not one of them seems to read the email you have sent previously. You can fill it with as much information and details as possible but it’s like they’ve only read the first two lines. They constantly ask you stupid questions like “have you tried it on another game” “have you tried it on another system” “have you tried updating the firmware”. They don’t ask you this once, it’s a cycle day after day and the name on the reply is someone different. All of this information can be stated in the very first email but 10 days later someone can be asking you these same question you already stated in the opening email. Again the replies themselves are structured like they are a bot.

They also want videos. They try to make it difficult and complicated. The want videos of gameplay and your hand on the controller at the same time. As I have a problem with the L3 that effects running I made a video and uploaded it to Youtube of how many times my character suddenly stopped dead! After being thanked for the video, two replies later I’m being asked again for a video. Then another two replies later asking for a different video. The first video found here: https://youtu.be/D-3Exb-Ghv4 it was more than sufficient to demonstrate the controller is in fact faulty. Again this is the second controller. This replacement is not even 6 months old, so at this point I shouldn’t even have to prove the fault. It’s only after 6 months in which you may have to show there’s a fault. But you reply and get a response from someone else.

After saying I wanted to make a formal complaint and wanting details of the complaint procedure, I received a reply saying “sadly your Razer Raiju seems to be defective and needs to be replaced. I already reached out to the warranty team; my colleagues will contact you soon with the next steps”. But the very next day I received another reply from customer service asking for yet another video. I’ve never been contacted by the warranty team.

I’ve asked them twice now for this to be escalated to a supervisor and that I would like to make a formal complaint. I suspect they just try to infuriate you enough that you just stop replying. They go on like you’re a moron. Of course you would try it with other games and such, you’re actually going to waste your own time. I mean the video I provided clearly shows there’s something seriously wrong. I provided a video of the controller its self, to show it had not been damaged or tampered with also. This was all provided in the first 24hrs along with “I’ve updated the firmware, trying multiple games and tried it on a friends system” but every day you receive a response asking the same questions and from what’s supposed to be a different representative. Bare in mind I have a case number so all the information should be on their system never mind in the email thread. They just do whatever they can to not not repair, replace or refund the product with by law they actually have to do.

I’ve now contacted the ECC and filling a case against them. I no longer want a replacement. I want a refund. If they had just sorted out a replacement within a couple of days I would have been fine, but now, no. I’m not going through this again in another few months.

I personally know of two people with the same issue having the same problem. After searching the web it’s full of stick issues and reviews of customer service are terrible. I wish I had done a little more research about Razer as a company before buying the sparkly product.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...