anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2017

PS4 randomly enters rest mode/switches off? Disc tray also not accepting disc?

So this did also happen a few months back, and now it's back.

My PS4 randomly turns off, yes, randomly. No, I don't knock it with my foot. There isn't a faulty power supply. It's the PS4.

I've had my PS4 for 2.5 years and never took it apart to clean it. I've never cleaned it because my friends don't have the same problem and they haven't cleaned theirs, and they've also had it since release.

The PS4 will also, majority of the time in fact, go into rest mode rather than power off. It will go into rest mode, I'll boot it back up and it will beep and go back into rest mode. Then it will eventually power off after the 3rd time, that's given that I haven't lost my shit and manually forced the fucker off.

On top of that, it has the cheek to tell ME that I didn't switch off the console properly.

WHAT?!

  • The other problem: The disc tray will sometimes not accept discs. Like goddamn do your fucking job. It will eject it, randomly, surprise surprise, and it will make this, "mrrrrr" sound. Yes, that's the best way I can put it, "mrrrrr". I then have to switch the PS4 off, if by then it hasn't done that for me, and then power back up, then it accepts the disc.

Am I the only one experiencing these? Or is it common?

Sorry if this comes across as a rant, I hope you can tell how infuriating this is when you're trying to relax and this thing beeps at you and switches off.

Sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...