anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Be Careful when purchasing second hand

So recently my PS4 decided to crap out. It was the first thing I bought for myself after being in the hospital due trying to commit suicide. I used to have one and I just wanted to get another so I can play all of my digital games. People that know me knows that I always look in the good of people and this is where the story really starts. So I had some money saved up over the last six months and I saw a post on my local FB market place. A guy was selling his ps4 with no controller for $100. Not thinking anything about it I took the guy up on it. After meeting him in town I took it home. When I plugged it up I received the white light. I tried looking up troubleshooting and nothing I did seemed to work. So I messaged the guy to let him know that what he sold me did not work. At this point I was in full panic mode. Not a good thing for me to be in if anybody else who has the same health issues as me knows. The guy did not return a message and proceeded to leave the conversation and block me on FB. I was able to contact admins on the market place and provided screenshots I took prior to him blocking me as well as the conversations. At this point the guy is on a watch list and I'm out $100. I know I should have used my better judgement, but again I tend to trust people really easily and this time I got screwed over. So if any of you decide to buy from facebook or any other local sales site tread lightly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...