anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2017

DS4 left joystick issue and calibration

Hi Redditors! I have an tiny issue with the joystick on the Dualshock 4 that is mildly annoying. The problem starts with Bloodborne. I launch the game and my character doesn't run to the left as it will be pressing on full the other directions. It seems that it is not reaching the "far left" input correctly.

Then I go to Terraria or connected to my PC (where I can see how far the cursor travels in reference to a center). And I see that the neutral joystick is on the center. No surprises there. But when I describe a circle with the controller, I can see that the "circle" is a bit offset to the right, and that it doesn't reach complete left by a tiny margin. Unnoticeable by most games but noticeable by a few (aka Bloodborne).

My question is, is there any calibration tool to work with those inputs? Is there any other fix than going to reparation? The joystick has been repaired a week ago and I didn't notice any issue until launching this game.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...