anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Headset search help

I know that this topic has been discussed several times and there are other places on the internet, but most of these threads are old and I hope that there are some improvements out there in the meantime. I am opening this thread because I am a bit lost and cannot believe that there is no product to fit my needs... I hope mighty reddit can share its experiences with me to find a good solution. Thank you for sharing in advanced!

*I use it primary for PS4 but I don't want to buy a second one for PC, so it must work on both.

  • Must be wired or have a wired fallback option. Not negotiable. No chance I spent my precious short gaming time on weekends with waiting for a full charge because I fell asleep with it activated. I also use my PS4 controller wired.

  • Must have a reliable working mute switch for PS4.

  • I want to increase/decrease the overall volume on the PS4 when I have the all sound to headset option set. I understand that it is somehow impossible to increase chat and game sound separately without buying a separate expensive mixamp.

  • Sidetone/micmirror would be great on PS4 but I understand that this is some kind of general problem on PC and PS4 and it is either not available or kind of anoying the configure through apps or programs. Nice to have.

What I have read on the internet or experienced so far:

  • The Turtle Beach P22 was ok but the sound and comfort was pretty bad.

  • It seems there is a volume difference on PS4 wether I use a USB headset or the 3,5 jack thorugh the controller.. is that right?

  • On the Hyper X Cloud the mute button does not work on USB all the time but I am not sure if this is on all versions.

  • One version of the razor headsets might have sidetone?

  • I dont want to spend a fortune for something like an Astro A50... something like 100-150 max.

So.... Any help is highly appreciated :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...