anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2017

In-Line Microphone/Dualshock 4 Discussion

So I have two Dualshock 4 controllers here, one came with my console back in 2014, and one brand new from last month. For in-line microphones, I have a pair of Bose QC15's, my Apple ear buds, and a cheap dollar store 3.5mm extension with mic.

Both my Bose and Apple buds mic input will work on my old controller if I quickly plug in & out the jack a few times, but will not work under any circumstances on my new controller.

My dollar store extension on the other hand, plugs in once and inputs sound perfectly, and has always outputted sound to my headphones with no issues.

my issue is now that: my old controller is dying, I've opened it up multiple times over the last few years to clean/replace the sticks, but its becoming too frequent, and my dollar store extension is now only outputting sound to one ear (issue is the wire down by the jack).

I was wondering a couple things:

can I take the microphone's plug component from my old controller and solder it into a new controller, therefore allowing me to still talk with my Bose in-line if I wiggle it in?

how can I find out whether the TRRS jack on my dollar store extension is CTIA or OMTP, so I can order a new self solder jack, and repair them? (the dollar store doesn't carry the product anymore).



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...