anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

PSN account hacked and stolen. Filed fraud on my bank account and am waiting for Sony customer support to open. Any tips to get Sony to actually cooperate with me?

Please leave a comment if this isn't allowed here. If you know a better subreddit to post this on, please tell me.

Sony is currently closed and I am anxious. Who ever stole my account tried to rack up a lot of charges, only got 4 to work. Called my bank and opened a fraud case. They changed my email to my account, so password reset is impossible.

My question now is tips on getting Sony to cooperate and successfully get my account back. I know they can be slime balls about this whole thing, but I invested a lot in my account and am taking no for an answer.

  1. Should I call, or live chat?
  2. I can provide the Fraud case number from my financial institution, but would that even be helpful?
  3. I have screenshots of the email of the fraudulent charges and then the password reset. Would that be helpful?
  4. I have the serial to my ps4 that my account was linked to. Actually, I have 2 serials. One from my boyfriend's Ps4 that I originally linked to and mine. Is that helpful?
  5. Any way I should speak to them? Should I be aggressive and show I wont take any bullshit, or should I tone it down and just be sturn about it all? I know that I need to be professional.
  6. If Sony refuses to return the money, even with my bank and who ever handles fraud contacting them, or not compensate with the loss of my account that is valued almost more than what I paid for my ps4, how likely would they start listening when I get a laywer involved? That is a lot of lost money, especially now that it has compromised my living situation. Once this shit starts effecting my living situation, I'm not going to beat around the fucking bush.

Any good tips on how to make this work in my favor and get Sony to at least be decent?

I'm not going to be fucked around with here. I'm pissed about this fraud on my account, and pissed that the digital downloaded games I paid for could be gone forever. This shit is going to cost me a fortune. God knows how long it will take to get that money back, and I do not have any money to make it until pay day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...