anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2017

Strategy Games and why they're dead, i think.

Hey fellows

i wanted to talk a bit about strategy games at consoles and pc and why i think (with the exception of a few big aka. blizzard ones like starcraft and warcraft) are dead.

The reason i think production of those game got stomed in is simple: Hotkeys.

I think makros/ Hotkeys and that "APM" "Micromanagement with hotkeys" destroyed that type o games just because (speaking for myself and maybe others) you don't like to play online anymore cuz you will get destroyed within 1 minute cause of some rusher with apm of like 20k/sec.

they should have been more in casual section for that type of games meaning that without hotkeys and stuff the "skillcap" couldn't be that different.

I mean lets not forget this is Real time strategy. It shouldn't be possible to end a round in like 1-2 minutes no matter what tactics. Well sadly that became more and more normal for that genre which makes me mad ..

I would love to see series like AOE, C&C and stuff to be continued, but everything we get is that "APM" cancer like SC2..

What do u think about why there are so few RTS games continued last years ?

(Sorry for grammar and/or spelling. English isn't my native, so be nice to me :D )



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...