anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Console doesn't recognize controller in Safe Mode?

Hey all,

So my console UI has been getting a bit laggy. Like, waiting nearly 10 seconds between inputs to see a result. (hold PS button, wait ten seconds, menu pops up, hit down to go to power, wait ten seconds, cursor moves, etc.) It's fine for a bit after initial reset, but eventually slows down again.

I read a suggestion from a year or two ago, someone said to boot it in safe mode as it sorta acts similar to defragging a PC. However, when I boot into safe mode, I get stuck at the "connect a ds4 controller, and press the PS button" screen. Controller is plugged in, even has the orange charge light, but when I press the PS button, it flashes white, turns off, goes back to orange, and the console doesn't react at all. Controller works perfectly fine otherwise, when not in safe mode.

I've tried using a different USB cord, different USB port, pushing the tiny reset button in the back, and holding PS+share. Nothing changes.

Has anyone run into this before and had any luck getting it working? Any advice is appreciated, TIA!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...