anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

[DISCUSSION] Game breaking bug in Auto-Upload (or the big danger that Sony should fix)

title gore? possibly, please excuse the need for exposure

Scenario
Your PS4 crashes. It demands a full reset.

Thankfully you've uploaded your save files (game progress) to the cloud, whether manually, or automatically. (We'll use LEGO Marvel Super Heroes)
You restore your PS4.
You begin the process of downloading your digital games in one massive queue.
This is where the game-save travesty begins.
Next day when done downloading:
Family member loads up LEGO game, there is no current save file. Isn't it glorious that there is no auto-download of save files? Cause lol, right?
Family member closes LEGO.
Catastrophically, auto-upload is on by default for PS+, so LEGO game at 0% progress auto-uploads, with no dialog box warning, over cloud save of 100%.

Completely irreversible. Completely avoidable? Sure. Completely unintuitive? Yes.

Why is there a dialog box to manual update and over-ride a cloud save, but not a dialog warning when auto-upload does it. This should be fixed.

Anecdote
This is how I lost progress to 2 LEGO games I share with my kids. The PS4 suffered a power failure crash, the hard drive never recovered so we had to restore default settings. I did the restore, downloaded games; the kids used it before I could FREAKING individually download every save-file from the cloud. I'm pretty pissed.

Written with StackEdit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...