anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

PS4 -> Pioneer VSX-831 -> Projector. Audio trouble.

I'm trying out a new set up where I have my PS4 connected to a Pioneer VSX-831 amplifier, and then to a projector. All connections are via HDMI. The video works flawlessly but there is a bit of a problem with the audio.

It appears that some parts of the audio are missing and do not make it out of the speakers. For example, when I play FIFA, the commentary is completely missing. When I play Bloodborne some of the attack sound effects sound way quieter than they should be, and there is no dialogue. The rest of the audio seems completely fine.

I've tried different devices with the same cables and ports and everything works fine. I've tried fiddling around with audio settings on the PS4 but to no avail.

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to audio, any advice is really appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...