anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

Yooka-Laylee Update First Impressions

I was excited to see that the major update for this game has finally come out to address the problems many complained about. Here's my first impressions and biggest takeaways:

Camera - Thank God! Set the camera to manual, and it's a totally different game. You now have complete control over the camera just like any other 3rd person game. I switched back to the classic controls to see if there was that big of a difference, and there totally is! With that said, however, there is still something about this game that is slightly bothersome on the eyes. I don't think its the 30fps, but just how the engine renders it. Maybe someone who knows more can chime in as to why.

Dialog - Although the game was sticking to its roots with the goofy dialog sounds, it's a very nice option to turn the short version on. For me, it was a distraction to read while listening to the gibberish. The ability to now consistently skip and speed up dialog is a nice addition too!

I loved the Banjo-Kazooie games, so I was very excited for this. The camera for me made gameplay difficult. This update is a big turn in the right direction. I can safely say I'll be playing it this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...