anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 22, 2017

Destiny 2 controller issues

I have been having some extreme issues with my Ps4 while playing Destiny 2. Randomly, my character will do a sharp turn and stop responding to inputs, but will continue to turn. The length isn't consistent but usually less than 3 seconds. The frequency isn't consistent - Sometimes I can go hours in between and sometimes it pops up every 5 minutes.

After researching, I came across a couple of threads:

1, 2

Like other commenters: It's only this one game, i have tried multiple controllers, etc.

The common theme is that it's only with the Ps4 though. No reports from Xbox users. So, that leads me to the guessing game of why. I don't understand the technical side well enough to educate a guess, so I figured i'd ask here. Could it be a faulty version of the console we (me and the others in the threads with trouble) happen to have? Could it be just some bluetooth receiver issue that would be solved with a newer controller that's plugged in (I believe those make a direct connection, right? Where older ones use bluetooth regardless)?

But then, what makes it only this game? Could it be that the Ps4 version has some fault? What would be reasonable steps to remedy it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...