anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Pleasantly surprised

I've been an Xbox One/PC fanboy for several years. My reason for buying an Xbox One was because it was the underdog and it had a lot to prove; this was before backwards compatibility, etc came out. I loved the Xbox because it was more than just a game system, plus it had Kinect.

My impression of PS4 was a bare bones system primarily focused on games. I knew there was a touchpad on top which I wasn't excited about.

Anyway, my sister in law got married and so I decided to get the limited edition PS4 pro with Destiny 2 with all its add-ons so I could play with my new brother in law who has a PS4. I was honestly expecting to be blown away by Destiny 2 on the pro. I wasn't really; it was more of the same. It took a little to get used to the controller too. I like it though and have used up two whole nights on it so far!

But I got infamous second son for free with the PS4 plus trial and saw just how cool the PS4 controller was. So many cool almost intuitive things you can do in infamous second son with the touchpad which I now understand as a hybrid touchpad and button in one. And it has its own speaker and gyroscope too! This makes the PS4 controller superior to the Xbox controller in my opinion because it just has more options.

I also like that the PS4 has dynamic themes whereas the Xbox just has backgrounds.

Anyway, I went into owning a PS4 raw without knowing anything about it but I am liking it so far! I wish you could turn it on and off with the Logitech harmony hub though. And the options button is so small compared to the touch pad that I sometimes accidentally press the wrong thing.

Pretty excited to have this system. Whereas I might have lamented in the past for not having access to great games like the last of us, now everything is available and I have to decide which system to get it on now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...