anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Please Help! Ethernet/LAN Connection on PS4 not working!

Hi! I just moved into college and the Wi-FI here is awful. I brought a CAT 6 Ethernet cable here to try and solve that problem, but its only making my problem worse. I plugged in to this Cisco box in my room ( http://ift.tt/2vUtD9L here is the link to all the images of the cables and the box, and my PS4 screen) and internet connection fails. Each time, I select: Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Use a LAN Cable Then from there I have chosen both Easy and Custom. Easy only gives me the option to either use or do not use a proxy server now, (at the beginning it gave me all the options that manual did) so I've switched to selecting Custom. Use a LAN Cable > Custom > Automatic (IP Address Settings) > Do Not Specify (DHCP Host Name) > Automatic (DNS Settings) > Automatic (MTU Settings) > Do Not Use (Proxy Server) From there it says Internet Settings are updated, but if I test connection, I get the screenshot shown in the imgur link.

Sorry for the extra long message, but I just wanted to make sure anyone who wanted to help had all of the details they needed. If anyone can help to solve this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...