anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Please Help - Trying to Back-Up PS4, Save Data Sharing Same Folders

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, as this will be my first ever Reddit post, but I need some insight. If there's a troubleshooting thread, please move this post accordingly.

I'm trying to backup my PS4 save data game by game, in chunks, but I've noticed that when I plug in my USB to my computer, some of the game save folders have the same exact name as other games I've already transferred. So when I go to copy the files over, it wants to replace files in those folders. I'm afraid to do that, because it seems like it would be copying over system data from other games. The whole reason I'm backing things up (aside from it being a good idea in general) is that I had a problem when I booted up the system this morning where it wouldn't turn on properly and was saying I needed to download the update file from PlayStation's website and reinitialize the system.

Long story short, it didn't work because I didn't set up the update file in the correct file structure and the system restarted. I'm kinda glad it did, because it managed to boot up properly, so that's why I'm trying to backup my save data in case this happens again. I'd rather not lose my 200+ hours of Fallout 4 and Final Fantasy XV. Sorry if this is confusing; I'm pretty stressed out right now.

So basically what I'm asking is: Is this a normal thing? Should I just overwrite the files? Or should I copy each game over one at a time and separate the folders so that they don't copy over each other? Thanks for any help you doods can provide.

(By the way, just for reference, I'm backing up the files using this path: Settings>Application Saved Data Management>Saved Data in System Storage>Copy to USB Storage Device)



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...