anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2017

Remote play app stuck at "registering", help?

I've done a search here and on the PS help site, no luck so far.

PS4 at home, MacBook Pro running Sierra. I loaded the remote app on my laptop at home and went through the setup there. Got it to where the laptop was mirroring the PS4 screen. (PS4 has a wired connection, laptop was on the same network via WiFi).

Now traveling, I launch the remote app and hit the controller's "option" button. Remote app is able to find my PS4, but then switches to "registering" and just hangs there for maybe 5 minutes and then I get an error message saying the connection was lost.

I've tried rebooting laptop and remote app and turning of my laptop's antivirus (although the antivirus was running when it connected successfully at home). Also, while my laptop is connecting to WiFi still, it is a pretty fast connection and there aren't any other devices hogging the bandwidth.

Any suggestions? Sadly I don't have access to the router configuration here.

Thanks for any help y'all can give!

tl;dr My friends are playing Destiny and I'm stuck at my parents' house with no joy. Halp!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...