anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

So the external HDD cause input lag on PS4 it seems.

Hi,

I had connected a 500 GB USB 3.0 HDD into PS4 with just one or two games there and everything was all right. Today I filled up the disk with data from the internal disk (to shorten the time when i will backup whole ps4 to switch internal hdd to SSHD) and right after that I noticed a huge input lag.

Sometimes key presses aren't registred at all, sometimes they are deleyed.

I reproduced it in the menu, and in the Persona 5 (which is not resource heavy game at all, Persona 5 still on internal hdd).

Does anyone have a solution for that?

  • I am running PS4 Pro with stock 1 TB internal disk
  • The Dualshock4 is V1, connected wirelessly, no microusb cable plugged in.
  • The input lag was not there when external hdd had usage below 20%, but kicked in when it's nearly 99%

I googled around it it does not seems like I am the only affected one



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...