anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2017

WiFi Antenna needs replacing?

I have had this PS4 since 2 months after it came out (so I'd assume it's the first generation). For a while now, I have experienced lag so bad that online games are completely unplayable. (I've stuck to single player games on PS4 due to it). In the past, I got about 18Mbps/7Mbps. When I log in I get around 8mbps down/6mbps up. Even that is terrible compared to what I should get. In the beginning, and when I run 2.4GhZ WiFi speedtest on my laptop I'm getting around 20/7. After a few online games, I do another speedtest and get around 1mbps/100kbps.

I did a bit of research and learned the wifi antenna is horrible in general on PS4, so I thought it was normal.

Recently, my controller has started to just randomly not work at times (or overwork(?)). I have to put the controller directly in front of the console to make it work. (This is not a line of sight/interference issue, my setup hasnt changed in years). Through a bit of research, I found this could be due to a broken WiFi antenna. This would make sense seeing how bad the connection I'm getting is. I found some on Amazon for 10$.

Does anyone know if this could be a cause/has experience with an issue like this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...