anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Console MMORPG [Discussion]

I was wondering what this sub’s take is on the possibility of a true MMORPG for consoles... was reminiscing with my friends about old RuneScape and Wow, missing that feeling of games having so much different content, quests, secrets, etc.

I know a few games have tried to do this, however I feel like the player base is too small (until cross-platform is allowed, or one console rules them all). Probably my favorite game ever was Fantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2. Playing Destiny reminds me so much of it. I hope that the mistakes the franchise is making will serve as future lessons to games attempting something like it. For instance a sequel is probably not the best idea. Pretty much every game is moving towards a more RPG driven system, even FPS. For fucks sake why haven't we even gotten a new Knights of the Old Republic.

I guess my question is why do you think we haven't seen a good mmorpg, and do you think it will/could happen?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...