anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Need help with 2SV Sony can't help

I've been attempting to enable two-step verification for a while now, and every single time I am getting the error message: Your email address is already associated with another Sony group service The thing is however, it's not. I have checked countless times and have even checked my devices on the Sony website, I only have one product which my email is associated with, and that's my Playstation. Every time I have called them I get the same reaction: "Oh that's weird..." and they always seem to fail to reach a solution. I'd like to stress that there is no fault on their parts as they've been trying everything.

Things which I have tried to resolve this issue. I have changed my password multiple times. I have reset my Playstation and have restored it to its default settings. During the Playstation's life, I have changed phone numbers, and that doesn't even fix the problem.

Things to note On my end 2SV is currently inactive yet on Sony's end, it's enabled. I have cleared all my cookies on my browser and attempted to sign in to my account, and it never asks me for a code, showing that it still doesn't work. Since on their end it's enabled, we've disabled and reenabled 2SV which didn't resolve the issues either. I've been told that the IP address which my PS4 is connected to is USA based, despite the fact that my PS4 has never been there (unless the system was manufactured in that country.) I have two PS4s (I don't know if that effects anything, but I don't think it should.) I am getting the same error with a different email address.

Please, could anyone help me with this problem at all as I really want to enable 2SV for extra protection as well as peace of mind. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...