anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, October 13, 2017

[PS4 Pro] Is my new PS4 Pro defective? Disk reading issues.

Never had an issue with Disk Read errors ever (never with my previous PS4 Slim).

I traded it in for a Pro yesterday, installed all my games and updates.

Booted up Uncharted: Lost Legacy, played for about 30 minutes, then it gave me a disk read error and crashed, fine, rebooted no issues, played for a few hours.

Now I go to play FFXV, with all the updates and the game already installed, game boots up the launch image (bros walking on the road), then immediately goes to a "Disk read error, please make sure the disk is not dirty... blah blah" then you have to eject.

So far i've rebuilt the database, restarted multiple times, turned on/off, removed power cord for a few minutes and retried.

So I think i'm down to two potential conclusions, either my FFXV disk is now shit (even though it worked PERFECTLY fine just before i traded it in), or my new PS4 Pro is defective (... really hope this isn't it, literally 300~ gb of data downloaded over a day will now be in vain).

Thoughts? Anyone that has had a similar issue?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...