anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2017

PSA: Metal Gear Solid 5 has a gamebreaking bug that as far as I can tell can only be solved with a reinstall.

Got MGS5 since it's free this month. Played for about 2 hours, did the prologue stuff and the first mission after that, and then the screen brought up a box that said "Installing Game Data" with a timer that never progresses, it jumps down a few numbers then back up, and keeps rubberbanding endlessly. Looked it up online, apparently this has been an issue since the game launched (how the fuck has this not been patched in 2 years time?) Closed the game and reopened it, it loads into the game to the exact same load screen. Rebooted the PS4, the game loads to the Installing Game Data screen, endless timer. I guess my game is just permanently stuck trying to load whatever it is it's trying to load/patch. My game is 100% patched and up to date. Some responses say all you can do is uninstall the game and reinstall it, which I am unsure if I wanna do at this point in time. Not sure how common this is, but as far as I can tell I am bugged out of the game permanently.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...