anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2017

What are your thoughts on the addition of gay/bisexual main characters in video games?

I'm interested to read some discussion about this. The Last of Us, a PS4 exclusive, is likely the most forward story-driven video game in terms of non-heterosexual characters involvement in the story at this point.

What are your thoughts on existing gay characters, or the possibility of more gay characters being represented in video games?

Regardless of how politically correct your point of view is, if you are straight, do you see it as "difficult" playing a gay character if you would usually envision yourself as that character while playing? If you are gay, do you think it is unnecessary unless it plays a major role in that character's story-line? Would you be indifferent towards a character that just happens to be gay if it doesn't contribute to its growth, or would it actually annoy you?

I'm bisexual myself and I noticed that I don't really care to see "representation" in video games, it's more that I highly appreciate any atypical romance plot (as in a plot that hasn't been repeatedly done in stories). The way I see it, PS4-exclusives will likely continue this trend as a lot of the games' story lines have been a little bit more mature. I suspect there will be a gay character in Detrot: Become Human, for some reason.

What are your opinions on this?

Edit: grammar lmao



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...