anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Why do some countries get servers and others don't?

Hello. I live in South Asia, more specifically Bangladesh and its crazy how bad some companies are regarding providing servers which accommodate South and South East Asia. This is an uniquely console only situation because games like Dota and CSGO gives me server choices from multiple locations near me, averaging pings of 60-100.

BF1 only has data centers in Japan, which gives us a ping of near 300. Rainbow Siege won't tell me where its servers are but I connect at 250ms. Thats not really good ping for a game which needs quick hands.

Surprisingly, Titanfall 2 has the best servers and I connect to the game as easily as I would connect to CSGO. The experience is amazing and I'm a huge fan of the game simply because it's online experience is so good.

The lack of servers and fact that these companies just don't care about giving this region any help makes me realize that I should only stick of offline games and take my money elsewhere, where they actually want to give me a good experience.

PS: if server population is what they're thinking of, the singapore server in TF2 is filled with hundreds of people at this moment. Peaks at a few thousands sometimes. That's a healthy enough base to bring in a few PCs to handle the traffic. If they can do it, why can't other games follow suit?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...