anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Thoughts about developers bypassing Game Sharing?

I noticed that quite a few developers today are disabling game sharing in their games. Fortnite subbredit actually banned talking about the issue because it’s a “grey area”.

Frontier (Elite Dangerous) fixed the problem with sharing the DLC in a month.

As far as I know, most other MMOs don’t support it.

What do you think? I use game sharing in my college dorm, but it can be easily exploited.

I think that going against official Sony policy (as it is in the manual) and calling it a grey area is wrong. It hurts many people who are using it as it is intended to be used.

Buying digital is already problematic because you can’t trade it. The fact that my roommate and I both have to buy a copy is quite insane when a physical one could be obviously used by both of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...