anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Help Recovering Save Files from Corrupt Hard Drive

Hello all,

Like a royal idiot, I cut power to my PS4 slim yesterday while it was in test mode. Unfortunately for me, my idiocy resulted in a corrupted hard drive and it is requesting I reinstall the PS4 software. I've already downloaded the software on a USB stick and have recovery software I got from this guide.

My question is, how am I supposed to hook this up to my PC to run the recovery software? I want to try and extract as many of my game saves as possible before I install the new software on my PS4. I built my own PC, so I have SATA ports on my motherboard that are easily accessible, but I'm not sure if that is the correct way to go about solving this issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...